EUREGHA (European Regional and Local Health Authorities) is a European network of 13 regional and local health authorities focused on public health. Since its start in 2006, EUREGHA has become a privileged interlocutor for the EU institutions and other stakeholders. EUREGHA is the network of reference for regional and local authorities in health related issues and offers a wide range of services and opportunities of cooperation. EUREGHA aims to create synergies between regional and local authorities and EU stakeholders in the field of health with a very simple but important focus: working together for more sustainable and efficient healthcare systems.
EUREGHA is currently looking for an intern to the permanent Secretariat in Brussels. The intern will work closely with the Operations Manager in the daily coordination of the network. During the internship, the intern will acquire knowledge of EU Health Policy; develop the ability to work in a team with other professionals as well as developing an understanding of the functioning of the European institutions and their interaction with various stakeholders in Brussels.
The main responsibilities for the intern include:
· Participating in health related events and conferences on behalf of EUREGHA;
· Assisting in the organisation of EUREGHA events such as lunch briefings, policy briefings and a High Level Conference;
· Managing and updating the EUREGHA website and social network profiles;
· Writing the internal and public newsletters;
· Writing articles and reports for the EUREGHA website;
· All other tasks related to assisting the Operations Manager in managing the EUREGHA Secretariat and network activities.
EUREGHA is looking for someone who:
· Has a degree in, or is currently studying to obtain a degree in, European studies, political science, health policy or communication.
· Has a great interest in the EU and in working in an international environment;
· Excellent spoken and written English, if you speak other EU languages will also be an advantage;
· Is outgoing and independent;
· Has excellent computer skills.
· An opportunity to gain broad experience within an innovative, multiregional European association;
· The prospect of gaining expertise in a wide range of health policy issues and developing a broad network at EU, national and international level;
· A remunerated five month internship position, starting 2 September (or upon agreement).
The closing date for sending in the CV and cover letter is Friday, 5 July 2013. Applications and questions can be sent via email to Ingrid Jansson, Operations Manager of EUREGHA, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mode No graphics is currently switched on. Therefore you see the web page with no decorative graphics as well as any advanced formatting. If your browser supports CSS2, you can switch a graphic mode on.